Saturday, May 12, 2012

I received this post card from Wendy this week. There's another exclamation point that my camera phone didn't capture. Pretty cute, huh?

These are the tulips my work gave me for nurses' week:

This is a dessert that I am currently a little crazy about, it's Van's freezer waffles, a little creme fraiche, strawberries (or blackberries) and a tiny drizzle of honey. Today I bought lemon curd and am going to try yogurt with lemon curd under the berries tomorrow. Yum.

These were the lovely clouds on Wednesday:

Eric had today off too, which is unusual, so we really soaked it up! This morning I went for a run while he slept in. At the two mile mark I climbed out of the riverbed only to hear, "you would have to be insane to run in SAND!" only to look over and see my neighbor Kathleen walking on the trail. HOW AWESOME! I had wanted to go hiking with her this morning but didn't want to knock on her door at 6:15am so I was so happy to see her. We walked the whole two miles back together to where we parked. Sweet.

After the run/walk I ate an awesome breakfast quesadilla with scrambled egg, Tillamook cheddar, a few avocado slices and salsa. I know I say this every time but it is SO cool how much less cheese you need when you have the egg in there, amazing (even after the however-many-eth time) Then we got cleaned up and headed down to Reid Park for the desert wiener dog meetup group. (I called it the "dog party".) Holy cow, there were so many wiener doggies! It was a little overwhelming and loud so we didn't stay long but did enjoy going for a walk around the park. I am always surprised with how huge Reid Park is. Clover enjoyed harassing the ducks at the pond. I think that was the highlight for her.

Then we came home, ate sandwiches and then I headed out to see a patient and then go to stretch class. Mmm, I LOVE stretch class. From there we went to 17th Street Market to buy harissa, fish sauce, soba noodles, some local organic tomatoes, rice paper wraps for salad rolls, jasmine and sushi rice, some handmade pappardelle pasta, bok choy, okra, limes, anaheim and serrano chiles, asparagus, and lots of other fun treats.

Right now E is grilling steak and asparagus, and making corn on the cob. I am sauteing some mushrooms for the steak.

What a lovely day, I hope it was really nice for you too.

1 comment:

  1. How 'bout you come up here and make that dessert for me? It looks good.

    ReplyDelete