Monday, July 8, 2013

Seven things from yesterday and seven things I am grateful for today

Things from yesterday:
1. Great yoga class
2. Lunch with my yoga teacher, Erin who recently moved here from Portland and is in love with handmade papers. She had sushi, I had a teriyaki chicken bento box. It was awesome.
3. Fun lurking by myself
4. It clouded over in the evening so Clover and I went for a walk
5. My holds arrived at the library--one about making vegan cheese and one about fermentation.
6. A cute consignment store called The Green Monkey is going to sell my flower barrettes.
7. Positive recognition from one of the on call nurses that was sent to the on call supervisor and my boss

Today
1. I think we are about to have a monsoon! I love the combination of sunset to the west as the storm rolls in from the east.
2. My car is in the shop and the warranty is covering $919 of the $1650 of repairs. Dear Mom and Dad, thanks for teaching me to always get the warranty, that has paid off over and over.
3. Lunch with Cynthia at Zeyna's (Mediterranean). I've been meaning to go there for over a year and finally tried it today on Cynthia's recommendation. WOW! It was so delicious. I had the vegetarian combo and mint iced tea. I'm not sure if it was that I was horribly dehydrated or what but that mint tea wast exceptionally good. So good that we went to the Middle Eastern store down the street where they apparently buy it so we could get some of our own, but no luck. Oh lunch was so gooood! I can't wait to go back.
4. Snuggled Tiny Clover on the couch and read my book.
Hi! It's me, Clover! Whatcha doin'?
5. I rode my bike to the gym, worked out for an hour and a half, and rode home.
6. Once again we have about 7 liters of iced tea brewing. Amazingly it all fits in the fridge!

7. It's date night!

No comments:

Post a Comment