Thursday, September 16, 2010

Five things I am grateful for today

1. Last night my unit was short nurses so they called me in with extra pay. The shift went well, three kind appreciative patients and one other. I had a great tech which makes a world of difference. I have been working more than usual as I precept Rene. Four whole twelve hour shifts this week. So many people always work four 12's. Working more makes me grateful for my slow, peaceful "real life".

2. Eric snuck my favorite kind of frozen pizza into the freezer as a present. It's in the oven right now. Mmm hmm!

3. Crunchy spicy tuna roll and some salmon nigiri at Sushi Garden's happy hour with Rene.

4. I have spent almost the whole evening lying on the couch researching desert gardening, building raised beds, composting and water harvesting. It has been super-relaxing and fun. I am scheming about starting a small vegetable garden, maybe 4'x8' at most. I love the idea of a garden that you plant in October, such a foreign concept for my Pacific Northwestern brain. I don't want it to be too big and overwhelming. I just want a few feet of space to grow spinach, lettuce, chard, maybe some beets and carrots, and whatever else grows well. I reserved a book or two from the library on desert gardening to hopefully learn more. I have been scheming about a vegetable garden for several years. I'm not sure if now is the time to start it or not, but either way it is fun to think about. p.s. I still REALLY want chickens. In case anyone was wondering.

5. I am SO tired and the idea of sleeping is beautiful. I am grateful in advance for sleep--my glorious bed, clean sheets, and no reason to wake up before 2pm.

I'll be working Friday and Saturday night so I might not be back until Sunday or Monday. Be well and have a delicious weekend!

2 comments: