Saturday, August 13, 2011

Let's catch up a little

Hello! I am back from all of my traveling around. Here's a little update:
The weekend before last I stayed in Oak Creek Canyon with my new friend, Radha and her family. This was the view out my window. Gotta love the Red Rocks. I love you, Northern Arizona!


Amazing monsoon driving home from Flagstaff.


Here's a great picture of my friend, Mead at the Flagstaff Yoga Festival. If you're thinking that I am lucky to have such a fun friend, you're right!


The festival was good experience, it helped me clarify how much I really do love being a nurse--calling my own shots and having predictable income sure is nice. Also I realized how much I love making art but that selling it isn't really my deal. (In case anyone has any bright ideas about how I could better sell myself or my work...feel free to share them with your dog or cat.) That being said I am looking forward to the SW Flair A Fair in the end of October with Regina. I have enough leftover work that I won't have to make anything new and hanging out with Regina for a few days sounds like a great time to me!

All of this week I have been working in rural areas south of here, about an hour and a half drive from Tucson. It's been pure heaven.



Check out the pretty flowers growing wild in the country!



Out in the middle of nowhere I completely relaxed. I got caught up on singing my heart out to country music, uninterrupted thinking, and I saw plenty of cows. Funny thing, I didn't take any pictures of cows this week. Oh well.




Little Roofrauff is continuing to heal. He knows just how to take care of himself and is great at resting. Here he is last week before his IV came out. (By the way, thanks Regina for making a home visit while I was out of town to remove it!)



2 comments: