Sunday, March 4, 2012

Home Sweet Home

This last month in Portland was wonderful for so many reasons, probably the top being spending so much quality time with my mom. We had a great time causing all sorts of trouble--well, mostly eating awesome food that she cooked, going for walks and talking. I miss her already.

I also was lucky enough to spend time with Wendy up in Seattle and to have Mer visit me at my rented tree house in Portland. Yep, a wonderful month it was. I walked for an hour or more almost every day through the forest, by the river, all over the place. I ate delicious, healthy food. I spent a lot of time just thinking, hanging around with Tiny Clover and being quiet. It was a quiet and beautiful month. Here are a few pictures:






At the same time it is really nice being home. REALLY, REALLY NICE! I missed my people and my place, and what's really sweet is I feel like they missed me too.

Upon returning home I was greeted with a great home cooked meal by Eric: chicken, veggies and salad, mmm!

Then I made dinner a couple of days later: sweet chicken apple sausages, roasted broccoli with gran padano cheese, roasted asparagus and these (http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/baked-quinoa-patties-recipe.html) quinoa patties. Actually these are a little different than the ones in her cookbook, which I highly recommend, Super Natural Every Day.

Today Mead and I had our usual Sunday afternoon date which I must admit I missed a lot while I was in Portland. One fun thing about hanging around with Mead is that while I see her every Sunday, I never know what we'll end up doing. Today we went to Penzey's Spices and went on a great shopping spree! All of the bottles on the right are from today's adventure. Oh, it was SUPER! I am so excited to try these herbs and spices and see what difference they make in my cooking.
Also there are two that aren't pictured: star anise and bay leaves. Already I am thinking of returning!

1 comment:

  1. But the star anise is so pretty! I want to make a perfumery necklace of it. So glad to have you back for Sundays to Relax!!
    Glad your trip was beautiful as well!!

    ReplyDelete