Monday, April 15, 2013

sad and thankful and sad some more

Mostly right now I just feel sad. I am so very sad for what happened in Boston today and for all of those people who were hurt and afraid. I am thankful that more people weren't hurt and I am very thankful for how generally we are pretty safe.

Also two very special patients who I have been caring for these last few months are both dying. One of them in particular I feel very close to. He is dying a good death surrounded by his loving family. And I am still sad. Seeing him and his wife is always one of the very best parts of my week and it will be hard to give that up. We talk about all kinds of things--he is a free thinker and has a great sense of humor. He is too weak to talk now, but during my visit he opened his eyes for a second and waved to me. I will really miss him. I am so thankful for these past six months that I have had the chance to get to know him.

Clover

Eric grilled carne asada, sweet onions and bell peppers for dinner. I made salsa. We had these awesome burritos. I think this was one of the best meals Eric has ever made for me. The meat is hiding underneath all the veggies. I like burritos best that are 25% meat with 75% veggies, oh and sprinkling of cheese.



Last night I slept a solid 10 hours.

Yesterday we bought a food saver at Costco. I can't wait to make these all the time!

My heart really breaks for the seemingly frequent violence in America and the rest of the world. I try to hold fast to the idea that most people are doing the best they can to make things better for those around them. There is more good than bad in this world, more light than darkness, and YOU can make more light." Peter H. Reynolds

Sending love out from my sad, little heart. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment