Sunday, June 23, 2013

New batch of grateful

1. I am really enjoying my new job. I feel appreciated and comfortable there. I think work/life balance will be much easier to achieve here than at the last couple of places I worked.
2. Eric, Clover and I spent a few days in the White Mountains, just going for walks, reading our books and hanging out. It was 70-83 degrees each day for the highs. Pure heaven! It was wonderful to be with the delicious smell of pine trees, the sound of aspen leaves in the wind, the beautiful lake and stars at night.
3. Our house is clean and our fridge is full of healthy food.
4. On our trip I read Integrative Nutrition and really enjoyed it. Also I started a book that repeats with greater depth a lot of the neuroscience I learned at Upaya Zen Center last month about how mindfulness and empathy affect our brains. Verrry interesting!
5. Breakfast: sprouted rye toast, labneh, zahtar and halved golden tomatoes
6. I'm visiting a friend today who was one of my patients--I haven't seen him in almost a month so I'm looking forward to catching up.
7. I bought these shoes yesterday. Are they not the cutest shoes EVER? Mmm, I love them.
8. It's been three weeks since my summer yoga pass started and I am enjoying it so much! I'm trying to take at least three classes a week. The teachers are great and I adore the owner, Hilda.
9. A couple of days ago Hilda mentioned starting a little boutique in the studio outside the two classrooms. I showed her my art and she is going to hang it and sell it! How cool is that? You know what's funny? As soon as it was outside the house I immediately was inspired to get back in my studio. Go figure. I really don't like having a stockpile of my work here--it dampens my creativity.
10. Tomorrow Cynthia is coming over--usually we make art when we are together so I'm cleaning up my studio today.
11. The beautiful moon last night
12. Air conditioning
13. This cucumber salad recipe (double it because it is fabulous left over)

No comments:

Post a Comment