Saturday, December 19, 2009

Five things I am grateful for today:

1. Tonight I had dinner and played scrabble with E's mama, and two sisters in law. It was WONDERFUL.
2. I met a new patient today whom I adored right from the get go.
3. A good day's work.
4. I got to talk to my dad for a good long while.
5. Big inspiration to take my usual card style idea (with handmade paper/stamps/small sayings) and buy some simple frames at thrift shops and make some small collages to be framed. Several customers at the craft fairs have said that they wanted to frame their purchases, so I figure, why not do it ahead of time? It always makes me sad to think that the cards I make will be looked at for a few seconds and then thrown away. I also would like to stain/paint the frames. Ikea used to have some really simple would frames but now they have plastic instead of glass. Hmm, not sure how I feel about that. I will start by trying to find some good used frames. Excited about this! Of course I won't start until after I get back from Oregon.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your idea of putting your beautiful collages in a frame. Sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes! Definitely frame some collages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dearies! I am happy to hear you two are excited about the idea as well.

    ReplyDelete