I am grateful for my mom. She is so nurturing and such a good listener, not to mention one of the most fun people I have ever met. I love you, Mama. I hope like crazy that everything goes well for you tomorrow.
Today my next door neighbor, Gabrielle stopped by to see if Clover and I wanted to go for a walk with her. She is such a good friend, I'm grateful she is so wonderful AND lives right next door.
Eric is making dinner tonight, some sort of chicken in the slow cooker with salsa and corn, black beans and peppers, it smells AMAZING! He is also grilling some veggies.
Here he is with tiny Clover, aren't they beautiful? I am also grateful that I can talk to him about anything--even when I feel like I am floundering around trying to find my place in the world. He is so kind and supportive.
At work today my boss asked how I am doing (non-superficially speaking) and when I told him I am having a bit of a rough go of it he said, "well you know, you can take a couple of weeks off and go home, or even a month! Go home and see how it feels to be there, we'll hold your job for you. I just really want you to be happy." He's my BOSS. Wow.
Come to think of it, I am surrounded by really nurturing, kind people in my life. I have a wonderful family, a really kind, good person of a boyfriend, great friends, a snuggle bug for a dog, super coworkers and am just generally a really well loved kid. I am thank, thank, thanking my lucky stars tonight.
By the way, it feels a whole lot better to feel grateful than anxious. Writing this blog post I have inadvertently, and at least temporarily, traded in one for the other.

No comments:
Post a Comment