Sunday, February 10, 2013

Grateful and some links (food and food for thought)

1. 9.5 hours of sleep last night--finally! This was my first night in a while that I've slept well.
2. My mom is awesome. I am so proud of her.
3. Chatting with Wendy for over an hour yesterday morning
4. I spent the afternoon with Cynthia at her house, catching up. Clover came along and caught up with her friend, Jezebel.
5. I'm eating leftover veggies and tofu from PF Changs. Cynthia and I got a takeout meal to share yesterday as a snack.
6. A relaxing night with Eric
7. Glorious weekend
8. Yesterday I spent a couple of hours just relaxing with Clover on the couch in the morning.
9. Not being busy
10. Today I have my dance class and then Mead and I are going to hang around. I wonder if she'll want to go to Sabino Canyon?
11. I'm starting my week with 10 patients.
12. It's time to plant the tomato seedlings.
13. Our fridge is full of vegetables. I am so grateful we have enough food to eat, and that our food is mostly healthy.
14. I'm really inspired by a bunch of recipes I found on the food blogs I read and on pinterest yesterday. (You know I am actually relaxing when I make time to read blogs and check pinterest--this is a great weekend!) Here are a few links:
Egg salad with pickled celery (pickled celery? What a neat idea!)
This salad (the dressing in particular)
This salad
These cookies
This salad (though I must say that even the ads from the show The Biggest Loser hurt my feelings and I would never watch it.)
These zucchini and carrot oven fries
The idea of peeling the skins off of chickpeas from this hummus recipe
and These cheesy quinoa cakes

The other thing I really enjoyed was an article that Wendy sent me about end of life care in America. Here's the link in case you want to read it too. It's REALLY interesting.

This short and touching interview on NPR, make sure and listen all the way to the end--I found it really moving that the announcer got choked up. I've never heard that happen before.

Have a good Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment