Saturday, August 8, 2009

one hundred things

Today while drinking a cup of tea with my friend Ana Piranha she told me that she is making a list of a hundred things that bring her joy. What a great idea! I am making some rules though: no names of specific people, no general categories. 

1.autumn 2.early mornings with nothing to do and nowhere to go 3.skirts 4.honey crisp apples 5.moss 6.a harvest moon 7.camping 8.handmade paper 9.singing in the shower 10.love 11.felt 12.walks 13.tea 14.scarves 15.apricots 16.snow 17.a space all of my own to do crafts and be quiet 18.sunshine 19.dogs 20.lavender 21.potstickers 22.breakfast 23.holding hands 24.chickens 25.getting letters 26.hard laughter 27.monsoons 28.white peaches and nectarines 29.mix tapes/cds made by my friends 30.making cards 31.cookies 32.trees 33.dresses 34.crosscountry skiing. 35.hand me down clothes from friends 36.planting things 37.smooth rocks 38.kayaking 39.reading really good books 40.raw food pizza 41.eating outside 42.writing 43.hiking near water 44.bats 45.hummingbirds 46.when my friends become friends with each other. 47.deep tissue massage 48.pajamas 49.potato chips in my sandwich 50.giving my crafts away 51.ocotillos 52.good country songs 53.when people are good to each other 54.Christmas 55.oranges 56.lurking around naked 57.Day of the Dead 58.cooking for my friends 59.making something a little bit easier for someone else 60.columbine 61.wontons with sweet and sour sauce 62.dancing in my house 63.that point when I am walking alone when I finally really relax and hear myself sigh deeply 64.a large expanse of time to do crafts 65.the smell of the forest 66.feeling like there is definitely enough 67.road trips 68.good healthy food 69.painting 70.watching the ocean 71.making lists 72.doing crafts with my friends 73.riding my bike 74.one try IV starts 75.flossing my teeth 76.eggs benedict 77.aspens 78.taking it easy 79.when the leaves change in the fall 80.seahorses 81.a good haircut 82.the smell of the beach 83.yoga 84.being super silly 85.spicy tuna rolls 86.good communication 87.almost anything that involves spinach 88.reggae 89.funny movies 90.scrabble 91.tom kah gai 92.gluesticks 93.hoodies 94.organizing other people's houses 95.hugs 96.going to sleep 97.rivers, streams, ponds, lakes and puddles 98.century plants 99.hair clips 100.yellow

I could very well go on from here, the more I think of things I love, the more things I think of! Sure feels good to think about 'em all. Turns out I really like to eat, be outside, do crafts, and love, go figure. 

1 comment:

  1. Great list, you. I think I may work on one of my own.

    ReplyDelete