Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Refocusing
Today is my first of three days off. Tomorrow Mead, Regina, Mara and Lindsay are coming over to do crafts. I am sitting at Epic (my sometimes favorite coffee shop in Tucson). There is a hibiscus iced tea next to my computer. My work week was tolerable, in fact the weekend was great. My patients were all pretty low acuity/low maintenance and nice people. Yesterday was busy but not too bad for a weekday. (That means I only wanted to run screaming for a few hours out of the twelve.) I ordered a book on Amazon called Life is a Verb that Regina recommended. It should arrive in the next few days. I woke up this morning and talked to my parents for 45 minutes, then went for an hour walk with Roofrauff. The wind was blowing which kept me cool. And we watched a horse roll around in the dirt down by the cottonwood trees. I interviewed for a home health position on Monday and they offered me the job. That means that I get to start doing what I have wanted to do for years in just a couple of weeks. Last night Eric met me to celebrate, we ate lots of crunchy spicy tuna rolls, and some other stuff. After we ate dinner I secured Eric's birthday present--I can't talk about it here because he might read my blog--and it is still secret squirrel until I give it to him. Dad continues to feel really good and healthy--no pain and a great appetite. I am happy to get to see my friends here. I missed them this summer. The days are a little cooler now, mid 90's and at night it is gloriously cool. The evenings are perfect for walks. My body feels healthy. Tucson feels more like home than it used to. It feels good and comfortable. I just went to the bathroom--it used to be really gross and now it is not. And when I got back the guy at a table near mine said, "we would have watched your stuff for you--you didn't have to take it." Nice. Really nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment