Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Five things I am grateful for today and Card Drops

1. I have re-decided to do the TMC craft fair at Eric's prodding. I turned in my registration and now I have to make the hot packs and eye pillows. I think this is a good thing. I think I need a little bit of focus right now and want a reason to start doing crafts despite my lack of inspiration. I am hoping that being with the fabric brings back the goodness.

2. Had one home visit today, it went very well.

3. RR and I walked around the neighborhood at sunset. He peed on everything and I relaxed. It's 89 degrees and felt wonderful.

4. This morning I had a great IM chat with a good friend about loving your body through being healthy. It was inspiring and made me feel pretty happy all day.

Now it is after dinner so I have new things to be grateful for.

5. That very same friend from this morning's instant messaging and I went to Sweet Tomatoes where we gorged ourselves on salad. YUM! We also talked a lot about "important things", it was great. I am so grateful to have good friends. It makes all the difference.

So last week on Kind Over Matter I learned about card drops... whatcha do is write a kind message on a 3x5 card (which I truly to be one of life's great gifts) or a post-it and then put it somewhere. I have decided to make these cards and try to put one somewhere everyday. Today I did two. The first one was so fun that I had to do more! I think I better start carrying my camera around though because the picture quality at sunset left a little to be desired in my close-up shot. Here they are:

The first one I put in a chain link fence in a kinda rough part of town, outside of an auto parts store. It says, "I wish all your heart's wishes come true."

The second one I tucked into a hole in a tree during RR and my sunset walk. He sanctified the moment by peeing on the base of the tree. It looks more precarious in the picture than it was...don't worry, it won't blow away too easily!


No comments:

Post a Comment