Friday, November 6, 2009

Five things I am grateful for today and Card Drop

1 . A real live stranger bought something from my etsy site! Yes, a real live stranger! She lives in Ohio and she bought a set of my prayer flags! This is the first time that a stranger has bought something from me online. Of course I couldn't resist adding an extra little thing to her package.

2. Our house is clean. Really clean. Again. Bless her heart, I love Sonia.

3. Tonight E and I went to his mama's house for dinner. His bro and bro's girlfriend are visiting from Prescott. Family dinners make me really happy. She made soup and cheese crisps and a big fruit bowl with watermelon, pear and apple slices. I brought brownies with pecans.

4. I love the 4th week of The Artist's Way. This book is helping me make some major progress.

5. And some very lovely news? My crafty inspiration is back with a VENGEANCE. I sewed all the eye pillows for the craft fair today, and got a very good start on the hot packs. It felt so good to be creating again.

Oh, and here is a card drop that I did yesterday outside the library by my house. I had to be kinda sly and wait for the security guard to walk away. Have I mentioned that Eric calls this whole project "Compassionate Littering"?



3 comments:

  1. Hee hee, compassionate littering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Compassionate littering? Do you randomly leave your home made cards lying around for some unsuspecting person to find and brighten their day? WoW, you are such a special person. Very inspiring. Once my husband went for a hike and found a rock that was polished and painted and it said Joy. My daughter loves it and has kept it to this day. -Cindy Lugo-Lucero-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cindy, Yes, but not the cards that you have seen though--I just take 3x5 index cards and draw on them and write kind messages--then I leave them around. That rock your husband found sounds like a treasure! I am glad your daughter appreciates such neat things.

    ReplyDelete