Monday, November 2, 2009

Five things I am grateful for today:

1. Yesterday E played hooky and we got to spend lots of time together. He grilled burgers for us for lunch. We laid around and talked and talked and talked. It was such a sweet day. Then I made us dinner--a pasta with those slow roasted tomatoes, a light pesto cream sauce, and chicken. We also had salad, of course!
2. Also yesterday I talked to my mom twice, two long good conversations. It's so good to be in good touch with her while I am this far away. I do so wish we lived in the same place...and that that place was warm and sunny. Anyway, it was good for my spirit to catch up on all the little details and the big picture.
3. It was a warm beautiful day. Mmm hmm, I love fall!
4. Today I am cleaning my craft space up so that when I want to return to crafting it will be ready for me with no messes. (Inspiration is still on hold.)
5. I went to Trader Joe's last night to get carrots and pistachios and some other things. It was so nice because I hadn't been there in a month or so and two of the employees separately asked where I have been. We joked around like we always do. Even though this isn't a small town, sometimes it still feels like it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment