1. I have been in Oregon for the past few days spending time with my family. The trip was wonderful--so good to be with my mom and our other family members.
2. Spicy tuna rolls at Sushiland
3. My mom made the most awesome delicata squash dessert: she cut the squash in half, put down a thin layer of gingerbread torani syrup, sprinkled it with cinnamon, ginger and cardamom (and maybe another spice?) and then baked it for an hour or so. Once it was done she spooned a scoop of vanilla ice cream on each half. WOW, it was unbelievable.
4. How many people support my mom in Portland
5. Sleeping in the same bed as my mom all weekend and having a 3 night slumber party. I love you Mama, you are so much fun.
6. My flights went well.
7. Eric and Little Roo were excited to get me home. I was so happy to see them too.
8. The holiday season is starting, yippee!
9. Really good salads in Oregon
10. That home still feels like home
11. Mid November sunshine in the 70's in Tucson
12. Love
That dessert sounds incredible. Gingerbread syrup? I had no idea such a thing existed!
ReplyDelete