Monday, December 6, 2010

A buncha things I am grateful for today

1. Eric's sensitivity to my feelings and needs. (I think I must write this at least once every couple of weeks but really that's nothing considering I thank my lucky stars almost every day for it. I am so grateful to be in a relationship that involves such reverence for each other's tender spots. Thank you lucky stars.)

2. Another 80 degree day, oh heck yeah!

3. My Christmas preparations are well under way. I think/hope that there won't be any stress around gift giving this year.

4. E and I found this really rad thingy--a sort of doohicky that lets you ride your bike with your dog attached with a spring that keeps me from pulling him over and vice versa. It's called a Springer and it is way neato. We stayed up til 4am last night to get one for cheap on Ebay. Soon I will be riding all over with my little Roofrauff in tow! If you want to see it, go to youtube and look up "springer dog bike". Then come over to my house and borrow my extra bike and we'll take RR all over the place! (Yes Wendy, Regina, Abby, Momster, Sande, Meadz, and whoever else occasionally passes through these bloggy parts, this means you!)

5. Making cards is still so much fun.

6. The strength to do downward facing dog with my feet up on a wall and my hands on the floor on my first try after a good year or so of not doing it.

7. Coffee, in times of desperation: i.e. 3:25am at work.

8. Today I complimented a nine year old kid on his family's Christmas lights and he thanked me and said, "that's a nice lookin' dog you've got there." What a hilarious thing for a nine year old to say.

9. Speaking of cute neighborhood kids--from a distance I saw this car pull over and a kid standing by it, I immediately thought, hmm probable drug deal. Then as I got closer I heard the kid telling the people in the car (his family) the rules. He then proceeded to race the car down the street with his siblings cheering and his mom laughing and driving slowly to make sure he would win the race. He was so serious about it, it was SO cute. So things in my hood are pretty relaxed and that is something I am VERY grateful for. Grapefruits are growing like crazy, little kids are being kids, and Roof, Eric and I are getting more and more comfortable.

10. Clementines

11. Our backyard. Oh how I love our backyard.

12. My current reading frenzy on sustainable living, voluntary simplicity, the Slow Movement, etc. I am always interested in these subjects but lately I am reading book after book about them.

13. Lately Roofrauff has been more snuggly than ever before in the time that we have been friends. I LOVE THIS! Mmm, snuggly Roofrauff is the very best kind!

14. Mucho inspiration for cooking, crafts, enjoying being outside, yoga, without the pressure of needing to accomplish anything. It feels good.

15. I am scheming to ride my bike downtown tomorrow if I wake up in time before my appointment. Mmm, I hope that works out!

16. The lettuces in my garden are delicious.

17. My sister in-law's surgery went well. I am so glad because she is one of the sweetest, most generous people in the world and all I want is for her to feel good.

18. Mix cds. Ones I make, ones you make, whatever. Wondering what I want for Christmas? Look no further! Make me a mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment