Despite my intention of relaxing most of the day, we spent almost all of it working on the yard. Mostly I had to go buy odds and ends that we needed while Eric did the labor. That being said, I think we are mostly done setting up the chickens and the winter garden is now completely finished. (Now to find a composter...)
I planted herbs in this new planter today. I got the planter and the seeds at Ace Hardware. Some seeds are new, some are not. There's cilantro, lavender, thyme, Thai basil, oregano, sage and tarragon. I learned today that in Tucson you can plant herbs from seed up until November 15th and then you have to put in started plants. How convenient that it's only October 27th. Rocksy
Chickpea
McQueen
McQueen and Rocksy, these chickens sure do like to snuggle each other.
Clover watching from inside, not sure what to make of any of this
We have seven new flowers from Mi Casa
Eric attached the biggest one to the outside of the chicken run. There was something about the chain link that needed decorating. This flower is the perfect thing.
I love these rusty flowers, but they are really hard to capture by photograph! Trust me though, they are so rad! We haven't figured out where we are going to put them yet, I was thinking here and there, in the planters, and/or between plants. We'll see.
Clover had one of her favorite treats last night. I guess you get treats when you don't torment the chickens as much as you could've.
Those metal flowers are really cool. I love seeing your garden and chickens!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Delete