Saturday, October 27, 2012

Five (+1) things I am grateful for today

1. It's Saturday! (feed chickens, read magazine, go for a run, make slow roasted tomatoes, set up the hardware cloth for the chickens so they can be free in the run without escaping, add new bedding to the coop, hold the little chickens and reeeelax). I think for breakfast I'll be making crunchy quinoa with asparagus and over medium eggs. Remember this one? We still love it. I am so excited for when we'll have our own eggs laid right here at home!

2. Last night we went out on a date. It was lovely. We went to Amber Restaurant for Polish food, I had stuffed cabbage with a tomato dill sauce, which was not nearly as good as my mom and Grandma make, but still pretty delicious. It also came with the most delicious sauerkraut I have ever tasted--only slightly pickled with red cabbage, carrots and golden raisins, heavenly! We also shared some potato pancakes which were awesome. Eric had his favorite kind of beer and ordered salmon with rice, it had a creamy sauce with tomatoes, and a layer of asparagus. Then we came home and he woke up the chickens so he could hear them make their cheepcheep sounds while we watched an episode of Escape to River Cottage.

3. I slept SO well last night. Yum, sleeeeep.

4. The chickens are doing great. They are eating their organic grower food, as well as our veggie scraps like cauliflower leaves. I swear the Ameraucana has almost doubled in size this week, she is WAY bigger than the other two.

5. My mom has decided to sell her house and she got an offer on it yesterday, good for you, Mama!

6. At work this week Eric oversaw probationers helping another agency prepare for a big yard sale. Eric's idea of overseeing is very hands-on so he almost frequently does the work alongside the kids. He found a few neat treasures that he bought and brought home: a really pretty wrought iron thingy that will hold a torch for the yard, and also some retro looking plastic egg holders for the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment