1. This one is a mixed blessing: Clover woke us up by barking furiously about 40 minutes ago. I was terrified as she has never done this before. When Eric checked on what was happening outside, there was a huge javelina on our porch, knocking over the flower pots, eating the flowers and just generally behaving like a pig-rodent. Eric scared him off. Good dog, Clover! Good protector, Eric! Um, sleep? Hello? Please come back.
2. Eric took me out on a date to Gandhi's tonight. I had this spinachy-chicken thing. I always mean to branch out but love this so much I can't. As soon as I had my first forkful I was so glad I ordered it again, for the 20th time or so. I can't believe how unbelievably delicious it is.
3. I am so ready for the weekend! I am excited to have time to do slower paced things, like cook from scratch, tend to the garden, read, and walk/run greater distances.
4. Our office manager, Danielle, is so good at her job and also is a really good friend.
5. Today is over. What an overwhelming, fairly rotten day. Mmm, Friday, yes please. My boss is out of town so I am managing our full caseload, which shouldn't normally be overwhelming, but today it seemed like everybody had problems that required multiple phone calls and/or visits. It could have been worse in many ways, but I am still just really happy it's over.
6. Morning and evening walks with Tiny Clover
7. The collards are really thriving.
8. Saturday=chickens
9. I am sort of obsessed with Cold Antler Farm's blog. Remember how much I liked Hand Made Life and Barn Heart by Jenna Woginrich last month? Well this is her blog and it's like cookies that I can't stop eating. It's all I can do to go to work and not just read it and find episodes of River Cottage online to watch. I just realized I haven't mentioned this new discovery! Okay, so last week on Cold Antler Farm's blog, Jenna (the writer) mentioned the River Cottage series on BBC that's been going on for something like 12 years now. All of the episodes are available online and it is SO GOOD. Lucky for me, my computer is having a problem with Adobe Flashplayer which makes it very difficult to watch uninterrupted, that's the main reason I've made to work at all this week...just kidding?
10. I am starting to feel caught up on sleep. Or I was, before the javelina woke us up. Yeah yeah, I'm grateful it was a javelina not some other kind of ne'er-do-well. Grumble grumble, good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment