Thursday, March 25, 2010

Five things I am grateful for today

1. Last night our friends came over for dinner. It was so fun having company in our beautiful, open, clean house. Eric grilled chicken, zucchini, red peppers and fresh pineapple. I made cucumber salad, grilled rice balls (yaki onigiri), and steamed broccoli with a creamy sesame sauce. Everything came out delicious. Being with Michelle and Shannon was super fun-- they are hilarious, especially with Eric. All I have to do is sit back and laugh.

2. More and more the house is coming together. Soon we will decorate it and then just enjoy it. Hooray!

3. Roofrauff seems to be getting more snuggly lately. I LOVE THAT! He just heard me come into the living room and came to sit on my feet. And the other night E and I were sitting on my big comfy chaise lounge in my craft room and he climbed up with his little butt hanging off the end because there wasn't room for all three of us. Such a cutie.

4. Spending time with Eric is great. I love our days off.

5. I am grateful for 31 years of being really close to my dad. What a special being--he was so nurturing, so funny, and so present with all of my details. I miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment