Friday, March 26, 2010

Five things I am grateful for today

1. Last night a couple of friends came over for dinner which gave me a great opportunity to play with polenta. I made three different polenta pizzas: 1. caramelized onions, spinach, pears, walnuts, blue cheese, 2. pesto, pine nuts, goat cheese, caramelized onions, 3. tomato sauce, mozzerella, salami, parmesan. After dinner we did crafts which was super-fun, my first craft night at the new house! Then for dessert we made ice cream sandwiches out of chocolate mint cookies with mint chip ice cream. YUM!

2. Tonight was the night to go back to the gym after far too long of a break. Darn it's hard to get back into the swing of it! But I came home and purchased Season 6 of Grey's Anatomy to make it irresistible to go. Yes, it's my guilty pleasure.

3. Eric, Roofrauff and I took a nice long walk around the neighborhood today. They are so fun.

4. For breakfast I made potato latkes. Yum. I tried a new trick--I put the batter into my blender. It made for a more pancake like texture. A fun change.

5. I saw my home health patients today. Grateful to have a job, grateful that I enjoy doing it.

1 comment:

  1. that was probably the best food all month! you are a wonderful chef

    ReplyDelete