Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Five things I am grateful for today

1. For the first time in a whole month E and I had two days off together. I loved every second of being with him. On Memorial Day his mom came over for dinner, E grilled chicken and his amazing corn, and I made green chili macaroni and cheese with grilled red peppers and sweet onions in it, also fruit salad and a green salad with watercress. E's mama brought her famous Ozark pudding. Yum. It was great being together and we played Scrabble. I love Scrabble and haven't been playing nearly as much as I used to. It felt like good family time.

2. Last week in drawing class we had to introduce ourselves and talk about our art experience and tell what we hoped to get out of the class. So I talked about my anatomical heart paintings and how I want to be a better painter, to have my painting look like the ideas from which they originated. The teacher asked me to bring in my paintings next class. So last night was class and I showed her my tiny works while we were on a break. She had the neat idea of getting an anatomical model to work from--so I am ordering one on Amazon today. Not only will this help my drawing and painting, I think it will be a fun addition to my studio decor. Here is what it looks like: anatomical heart model.

3. While I was lurking on Amazon I also found The Artistic Anatomy of Trees for only $3.50! Trees and anatomical hearts, my favorite things to paint. Yippee!

4. My days off.

5. Heading to the gym now, grateful for a healthy body.

1 comment:

  1. So nice your art class is giving you inspiring ideas! You are going to be able to expand so much!
    xoxo
    Mead

    ReplyDelete