Thursday, April 21, 2011

Five things I am grateful for today

1. A hike in Sabino Canyon with my friend Carolyn.
The flowers are blooming on the cacti, lovely.
The sound of water on rocks.
She is such a good listener.
The weather was perfect.

2. Work went well.
My boss really does have my back.
I was able to help a coworker who usually only helps me.
I feel appreciated for what I really want to contribute to the world.
A patient's family member had a chance to be really angry today when I called him with an annoying issue. Instead he said, "okay, that's fine" and didn't seem perturbed at all. If it were me, I might have been furious. I am grateful to him for setting a good example of a different option for reacting.

3. Dinner at Poco and Mom's.
Who knew they served their breakfast menu all day? Wow.
Carolyn treated me, how generous.
Hashbrowns with green chile sauce and onions, over medium eggs and cheese on top, with bean and tortillas and alotta water. Heavenly.
Carolyn ordered the Chile Rellenos which we unbelievable. Next time I go, I will order those.


4. It's Thursday night.
That means tomorrow is Friday.
I am excited to put on my jammies, brush my teeth and get into bed.
I love my bed.
I love sleeping.

5. Roofrauff seems more energetic and happy.
When we went to the vet on Tuesday she said that his blood levels are normal.
The vet said it was a miracle.
We lowered his steroid dosage again.
There is a good chance he is going to be well from now on, though he still has a long road of healing ahead of him. We are hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment