The food out there in Oregon is SO good. I was spoiled rotten, yes I was. Thanks Mama for baking me special banana bread and making sure everything I ate was delicious. You are the best.
Now it's good to be home with my boys. It's stormy tonight and little Roofrauff is being his cutest lap dog self. He fell asleep in my arms a little while ago. Mmm, creature of my heart.
I met a very sweet dog named Lily today. She's a chihuahua mix, blond and very soft with kind brown eyes. She is very good friends with the man I admitted to hospice. She stays by his side whenever he is hurting and snuggles him. Unfortunately she lives in a house with six other dogs--her owner (the patient's daughter) is a nurturer and just can't say no when a doggie needs a home. But Lily isn't good friends with one of the other dogs, a smaller chihuahua, so they are thinking about giving her away as she was recently added to the family. She might end up being a good pal for RR. More likely nothing will come of it, either way it was a pleasure to meet her, she jumped up into my chair and sniffed all over my face. I like that. Little puppy sniffs, how sweet. I never really liked chihuahuas until I met Eric. He taught me that there are nice ones, I had them all pegged as yappy incontinent twerps. Not so, it turns out. Lily, for one, is a continent empath.
Tonight my friend Kevin and I went out for dinner and then played Scrabble. Here's a picture of him thinking hard about his next move while protecting RR from thunder:

Eric has been helping me a lot with my display for the Create Cafe. It's going to be so neat! We found two old doors with peeling paint on them. E drilled screws into them so I can hang my collages on the doors. They look really cool--the old doors with the frames that have a similarly weathered look to them. Then some work will hang on the rusty corrugated metal. E is also making me a sandwich board sign for the yoga festival to advertise my booth to those walking by. I'll be taking pictures of all of these things and posting them later.
Thunder and lightning and lots of rain
Cashew chicken and veggies for lunch--I am trying to eat more veggies, more fresh food. Sometimes when I am doing a lot of art plus working full time, I stop cooking and the food I eat isn't as healthy. I am trying to turn that around now! I am hoping to go to the farmers' market this weekend and get some great local stuff!
Okay, I'm off to rest now. Night night, Lovely World.
I'm so glad that Eric is so supportive with your art. It was sweet to see him loading your display after your show yesterday.
ReplyDeleteI sure do hope you get that puppy! It is wonderful for Loosey to have her little brother's company.
I am anxious to hear more about Oregon too. I hope we can get together for Sunday yoga when I get back!
PS- Your show was amazing!!!!
xoxoxo