1. My friend Wendy came to town on Friday and stayed all weekend. It was SOOO wonderful having her here! We walked/hiked, ate great food, talked for hours and just generally had a super time. She and Clover were instant friends, aren't they adorable?
2. Wendy and I have been friends since 1998. She's been around for everything important in my adult life. When my dad was getting treatment in the hospital she brought me Thai takeout and another day she brought me a mug and a bunch of different kinds of tea because we were basically living there and this way I wouldn't have to drink crappy hospital tea out of paper cups. Several days she came and sat in the waiting room for hours "in case I needed a walk, or to talk, or anything." I wish a friend like her for everyone, she is one of my greatest blessings. She is also hilariously funny.
3. After Wendy left today (boohoo) I went over to Mead's house and we talked for a long time, caught up on our weeks and ate some snacks. Seeing her is always one of the best parts of my week. I am just overwhelmed by how lucky I am to have such good friends.
4. Herb chicken, roasted green beans and whole grain couscous with wild mushrooms
5. A healthy body

I am grateful for all of those things too!! What a great visit.
ReplyDeleteAlso, why do my arms look enormous in that photo? Must be all the spinach I've been eating...
It was a great visit! So glad you were able to come see us.
DeleteIt's a weird optical illusion...or the spinach.