
2. A little while back Wendy added a book to her goodreads account that intrigued the crud out of me! I wrote a comment asking her to let me know what she thought about it once she had read it. Guess what showed up on my doorstep today? The Science of Good Cooking!!!! Eeeeeee!!! I literally had to completely spaz out in the kitchen when I opened it. Thank you, Wendy! I am SO excited to read this!
3. I am working a half day tomorrow and going to the last of the meetings of the book group for Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach.
4. Today I did seven visits. Five of them were with our social worker, Stephanie. I think social work and nursing can be so complementary when both people are on the same page. We also went to lunch at one of my favorite places.
5. A walk with Tiny Clover after work.
6. Linguine with Italian sausage, mushrooms, onions and marinara, and a salad for dinner
7. Eric is washing the dishes right now.
8. Tomorrow is Friday!
9. Living without chronic pain
10. I have meditated seven days in a row. This morning Clover laid on me while I meditated. Practicing lovingkindness meditation with her snuggling me makes it even more relaxing and wonderful.
11. Last week my neighbor mentioned this retreat and I am thinking about doing it. (Wendy, want to come? I invited Mead too. And Kathleen across the street, who told me about it, is thinking about going too.) I love the description: "Whether it is during sunset meditations, listening to the soothing sounds of the river, or sitting graced in the stillness of the aspen trees, we will open to the profound serenity and wisdom of nature." Yes, please. I haven't decided for sure, but it sounds like a pretty awesome vacation.
You are very welcome! Let me know what you end up cooking from the book and how it turns out.
ReplyDeleteI do want to go to the retreat but I have my doubts that we could spend that much time together silently. I get to see you so rarely that I would want to spend time catching up and talking.
Okay! I will let you know.
ReplyDeleteI understand about the retreat--I kind of felt the same way.