
After 1.5 days of supervising our crew I am feeling immensely grateful to not be a supervisor in my real job. Customer service is a big part of nursing, but it is an even bigger part of my boss' job. I understand a little better now what kind of pressure she is under every day. I'm thanking my lucky stars that patient care is the focus of my job most of the time.
One patient's gratitude for the care I give him--I don't do the job for the gratitude, but it is really sweet when it does arise.
I ordered three Grow Boxes from www.agardenpatch.com to see if that helps with the tomato crops this year. My childhood best friend, Britta wrote to me about how wonderful they are for growing tomatoes. I'll take some pictures once they get here and I assemble them.
One of my patients and his wife had a conversation with me today and said how when he was diagnosed with bladder cancer they decided to buy an RV and travel the U.S., only to quickly realize that they didn't that kind of time left of level of wellness to enjoy such a trip. "So we just try to enjoy every single day as deeply as we can, no matter who we are with or what happens, it's all about enjoying." I am grateful for this reminder.
Eric did so many things today to make our house cleaner, nicer and more energy efficient.
I am taking him to Sweet Tomatoes on a date for dinner!
No comments:
Post a Comment