1. My dad, wow am I grateful to have had such an amazing father. I thank my lucky stars all of the time for him. p.s. I still miss you and appreciate new things about you everyday, also you are still making me laugh...just in case you read my blog from the ethers.
2. Yesterday afternoon we had our first monsoon of the year. It was glorious! Mead and I were sitting outside at Beyond Bread as the storm blew in. We sat outside in the covered area and watched the whole thing. It was such a great afternoon--the company, the food, the storm and listening to Mead's boyfriend's band play for a little while. Yep, great all around.
3. This morning I went for a seven mile walk (2 miles of it jogging in the wash) with Clover, and the smells of the plants were so rich in the air. Breathing was delicious.
4. Speaking of delicious things: last night I went to Sushi Garden with my friends.
5. This morning Mead and I met up for a quick, adventurous shopping trip at Whole Foods. We bought some things to experiment with: dulse, coconut butter, raw sprouted spicy spirulina sunflower seeds, Vega-One powder to put in smoothies, and a few other neato things. I am excited to try incorporating these ingredients into our meals.
6. The rest of the day with Eric and Tiny Clover
7. For lunch I made this salad and it was heavenly! I ate about three or four cups of it and so did Eric, mmm! It sure was refreshing on this hot day!
8. For dinner E is making a pork roast and I am making green salad and these broccoli fritters with a few little tweaks.
Oh wow, those broccoli fritters were so amazing! I changed the recipe around a bit--used less oil, added some panko bread crumbs, chia seeds and cornmeal to the batter. They were freakin' fabulous. They could have been crunchier but I think that might have involved more oil, so oh well. Also I served them with lemon wedges, pink salt and a teaspoon of creme fraiche (one tsp for two fritters). We both can't wait til I make them again. E ate his share tonight and I saved a couple for breakfast to have with an over medium egg. Wendy, you would LOVE these.
ReplyDelete