Sunday, June 3, 2012

Oatmeal cookies with pistachios, cranberries and cardamom


I just made some pretty awesome cookies, if I do say so myself. I wanted to make something to go with the Breyer's light peach ice cream that E and I bought last night. I found this recipe in a great cookbook I'm reading that takes standard American recipes and makes them lighter. More about this cookbook later. Here is the general recipe minus a bunch of words I don't feel like typing. Sorry. E and I are going for a bike ride and making dinner. Not a lot of time for my little bloggy.

1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 tbs (1/2 stick) of butter, melted and cooled
1 large egg
1 tbs vanilla
! cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup raisins

Mix the dry ingredients. Mix the wet ingredients separately, and then add the dry to the wet. Bake 11-13 minutes at 350.

My changes: I added some chopped pistachios, some freshly ground cardamom seeds and switched out dried cranberries for raisins. Then I sprinkled extra pistachio bits on top. I baked them for about 14 minutes, but I like my cookies crunchy.

To be totally honest I think these are the best cookies I've ever made. So you should try them too! Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment