2. Yesterday I was walking in my neighborhood and saw that nice man I mentioned a few weeks ago, the one who is addicted to planting flowers in his garden. He was admiring Tiny Clover (who wouldn't?) and I told him about a neat event going on this weekend at the mall put on by the local pound. It's a three day adoptathon where the dog are all only $10 including being fixed and microchipped. He asked for more details so I called him once I got home. Then he said, "so when are we going?" We went yesterday afternoon, here are a couple of pictures of Norman and his new friend, Sassy. They are adorable together.


3. Today I went to an all day Compassionate Communication and Mindfulness retreat. I haven't attended any NVC/Compassionate Communication classes in about a year so it was great to get to participate. It is always such a refreshing reminder that we have the choice to slow down and communicate in a gentle, direct way where everyone's needs can be met.
4. I saw several people I knew at the retreat. One was Tessa, that lovely woman I met at the Sharon Salzberg retreat who included me immediately with the Tucson meditation community folks and introduced me like we were old friends. I liked her a lot but we haven't made plans since then. So after the retreat today she, Mead and I went out to Ethiopian food at Cafe Desta. Here they are very excited about the dinner...can you tell? The food was amazing as was the service. But even better were the two hours or more that we sat there and talked and talked and talked. A new friend who is lighthearted, compassionate and deep. Lucky us! Mead and I are looking forward to seeing her again soon.

5. Now I'm home with E and Clover. We went for a family bike ride as Clover was left alone for almost all day. E's weekend just began, so tomorrow we'll spend the day together. Yippee!
No comments:
Post a Comment