Friday, January 4, 2013

Five (x2) things I am grateful for today

1. Someone I had thought "impossible to please" pulled me aside to tell me that she loves our hospice and that we are doing a great job. I'll try to remember this next time I think something is hopeless.
2. I am about to eat Indian food leftovers and orange juice mixed with water and Emergen-C.
3. When I finally finished working, ten hours after I started, I took a hot shower with a creosote salt scrub. Mmm, herbal-desert-rain smell.
4. A new hair cut by Lorraine, the very best haircut person ever
5. Eric is catching up on sleep.
6. I'm well!
7. The weekend
8. Tomorrow is Beyond, a day Tucson spends remembering January 8th, 2011, the people who died, and comes together as a community. I know that a lot of the U.S. thinks of Tucson as a violent place because of what happened here--but inside the town, we are healing in our own way and instead of disengaging or withdrawing, we are making things better. That will be the end result, we hope: healing and compassionate connection. I am proud to live in a place who consciously chooses its response to tragedy. This was in a news report about the event: "Organizers say the goal is simple – spend more time with the people you love." There are events all over the city and surrounding areas. Mead and I are going hiking in Davidson Canyon.
9. I'm about to curl up with Clover on the couch and watch one of the Compassion and the Brain sessions that I missed.
10. Another day that I am so grateful to be alive and well

No comments:

Post a Comment