Hmm, so my plan to go part time has been delayed. In fact, instead of 32 hours/week I'm back to working closer to 50. Next week is going to be another really heavy week. My plan for the weekend is to take awesome care of myself and Tiny Clover. I'll be making things nice and comfortable around here, cooking healthy things for the week and going for walks. Also tomorrow I am scheduled for a two hour massage. Wow, happy birthday to me, from...ME! I'm also hoping to just lie around. I. am. so. tired.
It looks like I might get to cut down at work sometime in mid-February. I'm trying to keep my chin up and be positive. I'm trying to give really good care even though I'm exhausted.
This has been a great week in a lot of ways. My sweet work friends have spoiled me for my birthday, so has Eric. My birthday presents from family and friends have been so sweet and thoughtful and generous! The new Whole Foods opened. Tonight after work Clover and I went for a nice walk and it was around 70 degrees. I'm surviving a rough period at work that I think will make me a better hospice nurse in the long run. I learned how to take staples out of human flesh (they taught us in nursing school on frozen pigs' feet, I've never had a chance to do it since). I actually relearned by reading the instructions on the staple remover package. Go figure. Someone brought in grapefruits from her yard to our office. The hard freeze is over. The week is over.
Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment