Monday, January 21, 2013

Quickie Five

1. Clover and I have walked four days in a row. This is not normally a big deal but given my work schedule, I am grateful for it. I'm particularly happy to have arrived home before dark. I guess it helps to start work at 7am.
2. Eric made the house lovely today.
3. We made dinner together: herb chicken, multigrain pilaf and cauliflower.
4. I did nine patient visits today (all over town) without losing my cool. I think that every patient received loving attention and quality care.
5. The end is in sight--my boss said that in two weeks I should have the caseload I asked for, and all on the east side of town. Fingers crossed that it works out this time.

A couple of others: a big salad with blue goat cheese and pecan crackers for lunch, Batman Begins, an awesome night's sleep last night despite a pretty gnarly reaction to some Malaysian food we ate. I'm hoping today will have been the busiest day of the week and it will get easier from here. My patients say the sweetest and/or most hilarious things. I was trying to organize his meds to prevent medication errors and I asked if I could throw away some extra bags he had from prior pharmacy deliveries. He responded, "no, I am keeping those there to irritate you!" And he meant it!!! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment