Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A good day

Today was a pretty great day. Here's my little list:
1. Clover came to work with me today.
2. It was a pretty mellow day at work. Nothing hectic happened.
3. I met my friend/our hospice's bereavement coordinator for lunch. Mmm, Chinese food. Nice to be with Peggy too!
4. After Clover and I finished work, we went to the Rillito for a nice long walk. It had been a while since our last five mile walk. It felt wonderful. Mmm, it was so warm today! Somewhere around 80 degrees, delicious. I love Tucson in the winter.
5. Looking at the soil outside is like a game of Where's Waldo? There are tiny sprouts all over the place!
6. Last night my cousin called and we caught up. Then Wendy called and we caught up a little too. Nice to be in touch with my lovely loved ones.
7. I have one dying patient right now, and she appears to be very comfortable. It amazes me that the body can sustain a heart rate of 150-180 for so long before it gives up. It is especially amazing when I think about what I have to do to even get my heart to that rate.

The raised bed and water trough have many tiny new bambinos!
Here is some lettuce:
Here is some spinach, I think.
Here is the birthday cake that Shannon baked for me last weekend. It is totally from scratch and totally amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment