The mashed potatoes I just got from Boston Market don't hurt my mouth. But I am sad that everything else does. I am going to eat this creamed spinach anyway. Spinach, I love you and will not forsake you, even now.
Eric is so sweet to me, especially when I feel bad. It really does help every time he pets me and says, "there there."
It's raining.
Fantastic Mr. Fox is a great movie. So is Grosse Pointe Blank.
I also watched the first five episodes of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. I feel a renewed inspiration to encourage hospitalized patients to think about eating less processed foods. Given that I have a fair amount of spare time to talk to them on night shift I am hoping to find some people in a tight spot in their life where they are more open to change than usual. Maybe having a TIA or a stroke can be a wake up call for them, a point from which they begin to do things a little differently. I am hoping to help them understand that eating healthy is imperative for wellness, and potentially it may save their lives. I also want to approach the folks who make the food that shows up on patients' trays. I have seen it done really, really well--last summer at Providence Portland the food was fresh, largely unprocessed, and truly healthy. There was a great variety and nothing was gross, ever. Unfortunately where I work that is not the case. It does not represent health, and sometimes I even wonder if they are trying to secure more business for the hospital. It pains me to see the things they serve under the guise, "heart healthy" or "diabetic diet". So here's to hope, I'll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment