Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Five things I am grateful for today

1. I saw the hummingbirds being banded today at the San Pedro Riparian Reserve near Sierra Vista, AZ. It was amazing. They are so small yet travel so far and are so very beautiful.

2. I got the opportunity to spend most of the day with my friend Carolyn who lives in the Bay Area. She is inspiring and truly a ray of sunshine. I love her and wish she lived her all of the time.

3. I made us a really yummy snack: grilled polenta (with dried basil, parmesan cheese, sea salt and fresh ground pepper) with a salad of those tiny heirloom tomatoes, basil and fresh mozzarella on top, a green salad with carrots and Persian cucumbers, and a little side dish of pecans. I ended up being the only eater of this snack.

4. There were huge trees at the Riparian Reserve.

5. We went to Cafe Poca Cosa for dinner--I had the vegetarian option which I am too tired to describe but it was totally divine.

I wish I had the energy to post pictures of this lovely day, but I do not. Zzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment