Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lots of things I have been grateful for over the past few days

I can't believe I haven't posted since Wednesday, so many neat things have happened!

Thursday I was given a new home health patient. I will only have her for a few weeks, but I really enjoyed the visit because it was just for med management and she really needed the help. Not only did she need it, but she appreciated it. That's always nice.

After that I came home to Eric making us tacos out of leftovers in the fridge. Why does food taste better when he prepares it?

Thursday evening I went for my Compassionate Communication class and only one other person was there! It is such a treat every once in a while when there are only a couple of people who show up!

Thursday night E and I went to Epic Cafe for a late night date. There was live music that was pretty good, yummy snacks, and we had a great time.

Friday was our official date day. We went up to Reddington Pass to hike around with Roofrauff, eat cheddar cheese straws and fuji apples, and shoot Eric's 22. There were lots of wildflowers and cacti blooming which made it extra beautiful. And there is just something about driving fast on dirt roads with the dog chasing the car that brings out my inner hick, and darn that makes me happy! We got home after dark and went to Korea House for dinner where we feasted. It was scrumptious.

Friday night when we got home there was a package from my aunt and uncle with a framed picture of me and my cousin when we were 4 and 6 (she is two years older). It is super cute--me with my lil mullet, her looking like the big sister that we liked to pretend that she was, both of us with our big old smiles because hanging out together is the best thing ever.

I can't remember if I mentioned that I bought myself a bunch of books about Compassionate Communication. There is a great deal through Puddledancer Press that I just couldn't pass up. I am so excited to get my books!

Today Eric cleared all of the weeds in our backyard.

I made homemade croutons to go on our caesar salad with dinner. We had some leftover rosemary olive oil bread which was perfect for croutons! Yum!

I am still getting over my virus and have been really tired all week. No crafties to report! Though I still need to take pictures of those frames...

No comments:

Post a Comment