Monday, May 10, 2010

Five things I am grateful for today

1. A great date with Eric. We went up to Reddington Pass again and hiked down to a stream. It was so peaceful. Then we shot his 22's at his metal turkey target which was also fun.

2. I taught an informal inservice on tracheostomy care today. Luckily I had a trached patient this weekend in the hospital because it had been a couple of years since I last did trach care! In my hospital we rely on respiratory therapists to do it for us. And how was I going to teach something I hadn't done in at least two years?! The respiratory therapist re-taught me how to do it, and then I passed on her expertise to the adult care home where one of my home health patients is living. Also my clinical supervisor agreed to come along to fill in anything that I left out. It went really well.

3. Tortilla soup for dinner.

4. My friend Sande is leaving for a long while and I had a chance to say goodbye to her tonight. I am sad she is leaving but excited for her--she is all set for great adventures! I wish her well.

5. I had two really good shifts this weekend. I had one patient in particular who I really connected with. She had a hard time sleeping on Saturday night so we sat and chatted for hours--about crafts, love, family, and on and on. She asked her husband to bring in one of her crafts for me as a gift and she gave it to me last night. I will try to post a picture of it as it's beautiful!

And now MY weekend begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment