Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Five things I am grateful for today

1. Eric and I woke up at a reasonable hour for once and spent the whole morning lurking around together. It was wonderful!

2. One week til Wendy visits.

3. At sunset I stopped by my next door neighbors' house to see if they wanted to walk dogs with me and Roo. (I think I mentioned this before but they are friends of a friend, both artists and she is an acupuncturist.) So Gabrielle and I went for a walk with their dog Rico (who Roofrauff thinks is VERY cool) around our neighborhood. When we got back Andy, her husband, had made dinner and invited me to stay. It was DELICOUS! Free range chicken, amazing rice goodness, spinach and yams. I felt like a kid because Gabrielle came over to see my studio and wanted to see all of my art, "show me more!" and then we went to her house and looked at her studio and her art. It was beautiful and painfully inspiring. Andy is also really into paper and has some neat stamps, I hear. And Gabrielle offered to teach me to draw--she went to art school before acupuncture. It felt so good to hang around with other people who make art.

3.5 Speaking of which, Thursday Regina is coming over!

4. Tomorrow our friend Barb is cutting my hair at this neat shop downtown. A new haircut, what could be better? It will be pokey and kinda short and cute. Very cute. Snort, snort, snort, I can't wait!

5. I am off to play in my studio! What shall I work on?!! Yippee! I am so excited.

Good night! Wishing inspiration and joy in your direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment