Thursday, May 13, 2010

Five things I am grateful for today

1. I slept pretty well and feel well rested today.

2. I felt creative but sort of overwhelmed by all of my glorious art supplies and good ideas. So I just made some stationery and wrote my friend Abby a letter.

3. This led me to a new good idea that I will post later on--it's a gift so I have to give it before I post it.

4. My compassionate communication class was very useful. I swear it feels remarkably similar to learning Spanish. When I was in the Dominican Republic and would try to have conversations sometimes I was so caught up in conjugating verbs that I wasn't able to really connect with people. Sometimes I feel like that now with NVC--I am so busy trying to get my words right that I sort of lose track of the whole point, connecting. It feels good to be learning. In life doesn't it seem like when you really focus your attention in one area for awhile you get to a point and the growth comes much more quickly? I love that feeling.

5. I dressed very cute today. A short, funky dress thingy over jeans that Mead gave me with a handmade flower pin from Wendy. Dressing cute and staying home is not a waste of time it turns out.

Off to work on secret projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment