Friday, May 21, 2010

Grateful and some schemes and things

No posts since Sunday, and today is Friday! Sheesh! My friend Wendy has been in town and we have been living it up. She left today so I am back.

Today I am particularly grateful for my friends, how much they care, and how they show it. This really is a rough patch and I am so appreciative that they bother to show up even though there is so little that can be said or done. Thank you, thank you, thank you for showing up. Thank you for cooking me dinner and petting me and saying "there there" and listening and letting me cry.

Roofrauff and I went for a nice walk at sunset. I saw some flowers that I had never seen before. They were dark red with some yellow and black. It was neat to see flowers that were new to me.

Tonight I signed up for a drawing course. It starts on Tuesday and lasts for eight weeks--three hours every Tuesday night. For years I have felt like I am not a "real" artist because I can't draw well. Last week my artist-neighbor told me during my first drawing lesson ever on her front porch, that drawing is a skill that can be learned. I believe her, or at least I want to believe her. I thought about it and almost every artist who I really respect and love has had some formal art training, which probably included some drawing lessons. I have avoided this because of a couple of things: 1. fear of failure, and 2. that it would be boring because so far in this life I haven't liked drawing. But if I can learn to draw so many doors will open--I have had so many ideas that I couldn't communicate to the world because I don't speak the drawn language. I want that to change--I want to draw anatomical hearts with wings that look much better. I want to draw better trees. I want to draw nasturiums and people holding hands inside of flowers and having picnics in silly places. (I love picnics. and love. and columbine flowers. and poppies.) And I want to paint better and everybody says that you have to be able to draw to paint. So here goes--scared as heck, which is usually a good sign.

I just ate leftover Chinese food and fuji apples with nutella. YUM! Oh and carrots, of course.

It was great having Wendy in town--we both found some awesome new shoes, went for a couple of walks, ate good food, and pretty much caught up for three days straight. Also we went over to Regina's to craft--that was fun because before this they were just friends through their respective blogs.

Oh yeah, and today we (Wendy, Eric and I) ate at Poco and Mom's--I swear they are in my top three for Tucson breakfasts. (along with The Cup, and the third space remains open for a restaurant not yet found.) Wendy and I split the Silver City--hashbrowns, green chiles, onions, cheese, and two eggs on top. It's the perfect amount of spicy and totally delicious.

Well, that about catches me up, apart from the zillion little things each day that I am grateful for and forget to write down: Roofrauff's waggley tail, limeade, sunshine, being heart-close to my mom, the bright yellow blossoms on the Palo Verde trees, my safety, free time, Eric's understanding and wonderful personality and cuteness, that peaches are coming into season, and the salty crunch of potato chips, and, and, and...


No comments:

Post a Comment