Saturday, May 8, 2010

Five things I am grateful for today

1. My lunch for work is already made. The best part of it is a fruit salad I made to take to Regina's last night. It has blackberries, strawberries, watermelon and apples.

2. For breakfast I made us a scramble with fresh basil, tiny tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and pepper jack cheese. We ate it with bacon, crumpets, fruit salad and yummy Odwalla orange juice.

3. I work tonight and have no sense of dread. This is new for me--since I became a nurse I have always dreaded coming back after a weekend. There was always a sense of "something horrible will happen and I won't be able to handle it." And I can't even count how many times that was true--not in the sense that my patients were crashing, it just felt really out of control most of the time. And now it doesn't. Now I think to myself, "well I will probably work hard, but I can handle it--it most likely won't get too out of hand. " And I don't feel anxious. When I was in nursing school I asked a lot of nurses how long it takes to get comfortable as a nurse. Without fail they always said about three years. I kept asking because I didn't like the answer. And here I am three years in, and maybe what this is, is that I am starting to get comfortable.

4. I am working on a secret craft. Two Spellmonster Creations readers have birthdays in June--so I can't go into detail. But I am having fun with it.

5. Eric always does the laundry. He washes it, folds it, and usually even puts it away. I am very grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment