Tuesday, October 20, 2009

deliciousness sans pictures

My camera battery just gave out and I can't find the charger so no pictures of the goodness happening in my kitchen right now. But here is a description and I wish you could smell it!

Quiche with spelt crust, innards: spinach, onion, mushroom, chevre, sun dried tomatoes, parmesan, eggs and milk, salt and pepper.

Chili: kidney beans, peppers, onion, corn, tomatoes, half a zucchini, chili powder, salt, pepper.

Tomorrow I am planning on making corn sticks with my new/thrifted cast iron corn stick pan. Here is a recipe in case you aren't familiar with corn sticks: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Cheddar-Jalapeno-Corn-Sticks-104644 Will mine have chiles and cheddar? Most definitely! I made the chili today because it is always better the second day, so why not wait til tomorrow to eat it? Good thing I have the quiche or I wouldn't be able to restrain myself.

I also made hard cooked eggs: http://www.incredibleegg.org/recipes-and-more/basic-hardcooked-eggs

I was going to make my mama's banana bread recipe but lost steam and am planting myself down to read my book now. First I might eat a slice of quiche and some salad.

1 comment:

  1. Why Alexandra, that is the very best quiche I have ever tasted! Hahaha. It's my blog, I can be a dork if I want to.

    ReplyDelete