Monday, October 12, 2009

Five things I am grateful for today:

1. Yesterday was a super wonderful day. I got to spend a ton of quality time with Eric. We went to an ethnic food festival (Tucson Meet Yourself) or as we like to call it, Tucson Eat Yourself and ate all sorts of yummy things. We met up with Mead and her boyfriend Phoenix down there. Then we went to Home Depot for a new sink and also got a plant for the ceiling garden. We came home and finally hung the ceiling garden--pictures forthcoming. Mead came over to trade a hair cut for a massage last night. So we hung around, cut hair, chatted, back-rubbed and ate a yummy dinner: whole grain pasta with sauteed red and yellow peppers, sun dried tomatoes, carmelized onions, garlic, some sort of special chicken sausage that Eric had found for us, chicken broth and light havarti over the top. It turned out great, Eric, Mead and I all agreed!

2. Speaking of great I am really happy about my new haircut! It is a bob with the layer-y front I got at aveda left intact. Thanks Meadz!

3. When I went to sleep last night (too early thanks t0 some benadryl) Eric climbed in and kept me company til I could no longer keep my eyes open (about 10 minutes probably) but it felt just like being a kid and getting tucked in. Fell asleep feeling very loved and nurtured.

4. Today we get to spend the day together again (our weekend). Yippee!

5. I found a great space saving idea for the kitchen. We have this awkward space next to our oven it's about 14 inches across, by 24 inches deep, maybe deeper. But you can't easily reach the back of it. So I found this crate of Eric's that soda probably lived in originally that is about 6 inches high by 12 inches across by 24 inches deep. I decided to store my baking ingredients in there, in mason jars. It is so convenient and now those ingredients have a nice home.

No comments:

Post a Comment