Friday, October 16, 2009

Some things I am grateful for today:

There are a lot of things to be grateful for today.

1. Right now, on our stove, dinner is simmering. A soup of sorts with potstickers, sweet onions, garlic, red and yellow bell peppers, summer squash, shitake mushrooms, and secret spices/sauces. It smells awesome.

2. Today I went to see what is going on with my car after it made a really weird noise. I had a really good experience with Desert Toyota's service department--they spoke to me respectfully, completed the estimate in the predetermined amount of time, told me that I really don't need much done besides the scheduled maintenance, served me drinks while I sat and waited, explained things to me in words I understand, and really seemed to care. It was strange. And wonderful.

3. In the office today I explained (in no lack of detail) the story plus how I felt about a conflict I was having with a patient who is noncompliant and complaining about my wound care. (I am doing his wound care STRAIGHT out of the doctor's orders and his wound is healing beautifully, despite all odds.) My supervisor laughed really hard and said, "did you really say that? Good for you! That is exactly how you should have handled it." Sigh of relief, my "take no crap" attitude gets to stay--as if I would know how to tone it down anyway...

4. I stopped by the house between appointments and had lunch with Eric. That has to be one of my favorite perks of this job.

5. Tomorrow I get two new patients. That means that I will be officially up and running next week.

6. It is 8pm, I am in my jammies, and am going to write in my journal and do crafts all evening.

7. See #6. Wow, that is so rad.

8. I talked to my parents and they are doing really well.

9. I secretly installed one of those "as seen on t.v." led lights so that E can read in bed without holding his flashlight. I can't wait to show him! When he gets home I am going to have him lie in bed and hold his book, then I am going to turn out the lights and turn it on. Hee hee hee! Yes, he really should have a lamp, but with the current room set up that just won't work right now. This is a great temporary solution.

10. I love my ceiling garden, every time I look up it makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment